This is the highest certification level. This certification recognizes a center's quality performance as meeting quality standards criteria. In addition to the requirements to become a Certified Participant, the Certified Quality Breast Center applicant must have supplied 90% of the measures for which their quality breast center type should be able to measure performance.
- The facility must supply data for 90% of the measures for which their quality breast center type should be able to measure performance
- This data must span two consecutive data collection periods. (A data period is a six-month range during which time data is collected according to the parameters of the indicator.)
- These two consecutive data collection periods being examined for certification must be within the last three years.
- For subsequent certifications, the two consecutive data periods must be after the two consecutive data collection periods and within the last two year's data. A data period may be used only once for certification.
- In addition to completing 90% of the measures, the facility must have performed above the 25th percentile on 90% of the measures for which their quality breast center type should be able to measure performance during the two consecutive data collection periods being audited for certification.
- To substantiate data entry, the facility must submit de-identified raw data for six measures, which will be chosen by the NCBC.
- The first set of de-identified raw data shall be for three measures in the first consecutive data collection period; the second set of de-identified raw data shall be for three measures from the second consecutive data collection period.
*See below for additional guidelines that apply to all certifications
- The NCBC office acknowledges receipt of the application
- The NCBC notifies the center of the Review Panel's findings regarding certification
- The NCBC, upon breast center certification, will send recognition materials to the contact person
- The NCBC will send a letter of acknowledgement and congratulations
- The NCBC will send one printed certificate valid for one year
- The Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence will be listed on the NCBC's website as a Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence
- The Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence will be listed in the NCBC newsletter as a Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence
- The NCBC will announce the center as a Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence in a press release sent to local area media sources
- The Certified Quality Breast Center of Excellence may order a beautiful 14" or 16" nine prism recognition award to display in the breast center lobby or display case next to the Certified Participant and Certified Quality Breast Center Awards
- The facility is required to make application to become certified at this level.
- The facility must agree to maintain data used to answer NQMBC™ questions for a minimum of three years. This data may be requested in random audits to confirm valid responses.
- The facility must agree to a random audit of the submitted data for review by the NQMBC™. The NQMBC™ will, at their discretion, choose ONE question in a specific time period to be audited. If requested, the facility must agree to submit de-identified data used to confirm correct procedures were used to answer this question. Audits will not occur frequently and will be used to confirm valid answers to quality measures.